Information about planned and released features
Competences and competence profiles get tab «Assigned Objects»
1 Initial Problem
It is next to impossible to find out, what objects create records for a profile. But knowing which objects do so is important for deleting the competence. You cannot delete competences that are still assigned to objects or users.
2 Conceptual Summary
We get a new tab in competence profiles, listing all objects that feed this or are assigne to this competence.
3 User Interface Modifications
3.1 List of Affected Views
Admininstration > Competence Management > Profiles > Edit > New Tab "Assigned Objects"
3.2 User Interface Details
3.3 New User Interface Concepts
4 Technical Information
No technical issues.
- Author of the Request: Tödt, Alexandra [atoedt]
- Maintainer: Killing, Alexander [alex]
- Implementation of the feature is done by: Famula, Thomas [tfamula]
If you are interest in funding this feature, please add your name and institution to this list.
Killing, Alexander [alex], 7 May 2019: I support this idea.
JourFixe, ILIAS [jourfixe], 07 MAY 2019 : We highly appreciate this suggestion and schedule it for 6.0 but would like to extend this feature to competence as well. The request is therefore relabeled to "Competences and competence profiles get tab «Assigned Objects»".
JourFixe, ILIAS [jourfixe], 03 FEB 2020 : We still like this suggestion and re-schedule this feature for 7 (incl. requested changes by last JF comment).
Famula, Thomas [tfamula], 29 OCT 2020 : Because the implementation of the feature might not be trivial, it should be explained in which cases the "Assigned Objects" table is filled :
- Courses/Groups are shown in the table, when the competence was added to the course/group (Course/Group > Competences > Competence Selection)
- Surveys are shown in the table, when the competence was added to a question (Survey > Competences > Question/Competence Assignment)
- Tests are shown in the table, when the competence was added to a question (Tests > Competences > Question/Competence Assignment) --> this does not work currently due to dependencies to the Test Module, but will be added soon
- Like Basic Competences (see above)
- The assigned objects of all Competence Template Refernces for the given Competence Template will be shown. If multiple Competence Template Refernces are assigned to the same object, the object will be shown only once.
- The assigned objects of all Basic Competences and Competence Template Refernces, which are used within the Competence Profile, will be shown. If multiple Competences are assigned to the same object, the object will be shown only once.
- Additionally, objects will be shown, where the Competence Profile was assigned
- currently only Courses/Groups (Course/Group > Competences > Profile Selection)
Test cases completed at 27 OCT 2020 by Zenzen, Enrico [ezenzen]
Approved at 2020-11-03 by Falkenstein, Rob [rob]
Last edited: 08. Jan 2021, 15:27, Killing, Alexander [alex]