Information about planned and released features
- 1 Appointments
- 2 Maintained Versions
- 3 Publishing 5.4
- 4 Developing ILIAS 6.0
- 5 Miscellaneous
Date and place
Monday, March 11, 2019 from 13:00 – 18:00 at ILIAS eV office in Köln
13:00 - 14:20
2. Maintained Versions
14:30 - 15:00
3. Publishing 5.4
15:00 - 17:45
4. Developing 6.0
17:45 - 18:00
At ILIAS office:
- Kunkel, Matthias [mkunkel] (Minutes), Seeland, Per Pascal [PerPascalSeeland], Zenzen, Enrico [ezenzen] (Chat Moderation), Meyer, Stefan [smeyer], Jansen, Michael [mjansen]
If you like to participate at the Jour Fixe via Skype, please join our Skype meeting! (Achtung: geändert URL)
- 19 MAR 2019, 10:00-11:00: Workshop 'Offline Support for Test Questions' in Skype
- 20 MAR 2019, 14:00-16:00: Workshop 'General Layout and Menu Revision': context-sensitive slates in Skype
If you want to participate at one of the above mentioned workshops, please register for the related session. This helps to organise the workshop. Thanks!
2 Maintained Versions
- ILIAS 5.4.0_beta1 published at October 31, 2018
- ILIAS 5.3.13 published at February 14, 2019
- ILIAS 5.2.22 published at February 14, 2019
- ILIAS 5.4.0 scheduled for March 20, 2019
- ILIAS 5.3.14 scheduled for March 2019
- ILIAS 5.2.23 scheduled for April 2019
2.2 Mantis Bug Reports
All open issues reported or modified since the last Jour Fixe were screened by the product manager before the Jour Fixe and assigned to the responsible developers if necessary. The following issues were discussed in detail:
- #21675: The tabs are missing if you acces the information of the SCORM module : There is no guideline yet that tackles this problem. The ILIAS LM and the glossary have two different views (presentation vs. authoring). This is why you see different tabs when clicking on Info or Settings. But as the current behaviour is according to the maintainer's vision of user behaviour we accept it. Bug can be closed.
- #24069: Failed test: Probleme bei Bewertung, Medienobjekt, Textfeld m. Variante; : We consider the display problem of the rating stars as a problem but do not request to fix this for 5.4. The rating in general should be changed to the KS Pop Over to prevent such problems. This could be done as part of a refactoring for 6.0. Bug can be closed if all other issues above have been solved.
- #24748: Column "Organisational Units": In 5.4 we do not have a setting that enables or activates Org Units. Such a setting would be necessary to check if this column should be offered or not. Therefore, we cannot offer a fix for 5.4. But we would highly appreciate if a new setting would be added to the OrgUnit Administration. If this setting enables org unit support a column like this would be displayed. Please add a new FR for this. Thanks!
- #24967: Captcha für Registrierung funktioniert die Audioausgabe nicht: The implementation of the feature is based on Flash. We keep the feature as it is - esp. because a feasible alternative is not known yet. Please create a Feature Wiki request for a non-flash-based implementation for 6.0. Any good technological base that also correspond with our data protection requirements is highly appreciated.
- #25030: Failed test: Link-Haupteintrag in Sprachen übersetzen : Alexander will have a look how this issue can be solved in the user service. For us it is required that the language-sensitivity for the Public Area works for the main menu like for category titles or page content.
- #23993: Position des Hauptmenüeintrages "Achievements"We agree with Fabian's suggestion to remove separators for installations updated from 5.3 or below. For new installations the suggested entries above incl. separators are taken.
- #24616: Failed test: Mehrere Medienobjekte gleichzeitig hochladen (ilFileStandardDropzoneInputGUI not usable for multiple files?) : We prefer to stay on the page (for the moment). An automatic redirect would be highly appreciated. If this cannot be done for 5.4.0 we accept it for 5.4.1 as well.
2.3 Bugfixing Statistic
Bug reports set to status 'open' and not been touched by responsible maintainer for more than 21 days (checked this morning) as well as bug reports with priorisation voting:
Open bugs without feedback
ø Age in days
1x3v 3x2v 32x1v
* New votes: bugs priorised within the last 14 days ** Old votes: priorised bugs before last JF (older then 14 days) *** Resolved: Resolved or closed bug reports in the last 14 days
Bug reports with status 'Fixing according to priorisation' should be fixed before other bugs are tackled. Priorised bugs very important for one or more institutional members of the ILIAS society. Handling this reports with low priority contradicts the intention of the established bug fixing process.
2.4 Open Pull Requests to Discuss
The following pull requests in the ILIAS GitHub repository were marked with 'Jour Fixe' this morning:
- PR1614 • Documentation for Repository Pattern: Thank you very much for this proposal. We keep the discussion open on this page and add this topic to the next JF agenda again for final decision.
- PR1618 • Proposal/6 0/maintenance srag 2019: Thank you very much for updating the maintenance.md. Can be merged.
- PR1619 • GS refactoring: We accept this suggestion and a commit for 5.4.
2.5 Continuous Integration
Overview on current status and reports from CI-server at http://ci.ilias.de and https://travis-ci.com/ILIAS-eLearning/ILIAS/builds:
- automated tests: 3625 (+2 passing unit tests on PHP 7.0, PHP 7.1, PHP 7.2 since JF 2019-02-25
- PHP 7.2 is now added as testing environment for trunk and release_5-4
- Please have a look into the skipped and incomplete tests in: Workflow Engine, Test and Assessment
- Feel free to contact Klees, Richard [rklees] for support!
- results of dicto architectural tests
- 6 (net) solved violations since JF 2019-02-25 - Thx folks!
- Please run unit tests locally before committing.
Travis CI for ILIAS:
- more to come...
- Pascal updated his test installation to PHP 7.2. Performance tests of trunk are currently not running, esp. the repository. PHP 7.2-related bugs need to be fixed first before continuing performance testing.
3 Publishing 5.4
106 features have been implemented for ILIAS release 5.4, see Release 5.4. They now will be tested together with the existing features of ILIAS 5.4.
A 5.4 release branch has been created at November 19, 2018. Trunk is now set to 6.0 alpha.
3.1 Release Cycle for Version 5.4
30 APR 2018
29 OCT 2018
Test cases completed
29 OCT 2018
Documentation of implementation completed
29 OCT 2018
Beta1 release and start of testing 5.4
31 OCT 2018
31 JAN 2019
End of bug fixing
08 MAR 2019
Stable version 5.4.0
13 MAR 2019
In accordance with the Technical Board the product manager decided to set the documentation of implementation of a feature as another requirement to get an implemented feature into trunk. This information helps testers to understand the feature they have to test and improves the understanding of the feature for users. This requirement is effective from ILIAS version 5.4. Similar to test cases and approval, the documentation of implementation on the feature wiki page needs to be completed until October 29, 2018 for version 5.4.
3.2 Development Issues in 5.4
- Uploading Images for Presenting Objects in Deck of Cards (Tile View): new suggestion for default backgroundsJourFixe, ILIAS [jourfixe]: We highly appreciate the latest suggestion for defining and modifying the background of tiles. Entering a colour code is fine for us. No need for pngs.
- Supporting PHP 7.3JourFixe, ILIAS [jourfixe]: We highly appreciate this suggestion and decide to support PHP 7.3 with ILIAS 5.4.
3.3 Status of Testing
- Test installation for ILIAS 5.4 is available at test54.ilias.de.
- Testing has started at November 02, 2018 and ended officially at January 31, 2019.
- Bugfixing should be finished at March 11, 2019
- Status of test cases compared to last Jour Fixe:
- Passed: 3717 (94%) → 3807 (97%) ⇒ +90
- Blocked: 27 (1%) → 10 (0%) ⇒ -17
- Retest: 35 (1%) → 29 (1%) ⇒ -6
- Failed:163 (4%) → 95 (2%) ⇒ -68
Components passed with 100%
- Bibliographic List Item
- Booking Tool
- Category and Repository
- Cloud Object
- Competence Management
- Content Page
- ILIAS Page Editor
- Info Page
- Item Groups
- Language Handling
- Learning History
- Learning Module HTML
- Learning Module ILIAS - Presentation (1 retest)
- Learning Module SCORM 1.2
- My Workspace
- Notes and Comments
- Online Help
- Personal Desktop
- Personal Profile
- Plugin Slots
- Portfolio Template
- SCORM Offline Player
- SCORM Online Editor
- Study Programme
- Terms of Service
- Test & Assessment
- User Service
- Web Access Checker
- Web Feeds & RSS
- Who is online?
- Workflow Engine
Components with failed and blocked TCs
- Administration: 4 failed (-5)
- Calendar: 5 failed (-1)
- Course Management: 15 failed (-3), 4 blocked, 6 retest
- Cron Service: 2 failed (-2)
- CSS/Templates: 1 failed (-4)
- Data Collection: 1 failed (-1), 1 retest
- Export: 14 failed (-4), 4 blocked, 4 retest
- Group: 2 failed (-3)
- Individual Assessment: 3 failed (+3)
- Learning Module ILIAS - Editor: 1 failed | no change since last Jour Fixe
- Learning Module SCORM 2004: 2 failed (-12)
- Learning Sequence: 4 failed (-6)
- Login, Auth & Registration: 1 failed | no change since last Jour Fixe
- LTI: 2 failed (-1), 12 retest
- Mail: 1 failed | no change since last Jour Fixe
- Media Pools: 2 failed | no change since last Jour Fixe
- Metadata: 2 failed (-1)
- Organisational Units: 2 failed (-4), 3 retest
- Portfolio: 1 failed | no change since last Jour Fixe
- Precondition Handling: 6 failed | no change since last Jour Fixe
- RBAC: 8 failed | no change since last Jour Fixe
- Search: 1 failed | no change since last Jour Fixe
- Session: 6 failed (-1)
- Setup: 1 failed (-2)
- Staff: 1 failed, 1 blocked (-1)
- Statistics and LP: 4 failed | no change since last Jour Fixe
- WebDAV: 2 failed, 1 blocked | no change since last Jour Fixe
4 Developing ILIAS 6.0
4.1 Developing Issues in 6.0
- JourFixe, ILIAS [jourfixe]: We highly appreciate this suggestion for the required and supported software for ILIAS 6.0. We invite all developers to discuss these suggestions on the page (see above) until next Jour Fixe. We would like to make a final decision at march 25 and communicate it at the upcoming Jour Fixe.
4.2 Feature Requests for ILIAS 6.0
The following suggestions were made for ILIAS version 6.0 which should be published in March 2020.
- Session Registration Notifications : We highly appreciate this suggestion and schedule it for 6.0. We prefer option 2 for the screen "Notification settings in user administration" (change to ID-based input and left empty). In addition to the suggestion above we would like to have a check when saving the form if the entered user name exists and if this user has access (manage members permission) to the related object. If not, an Info message about missing permissions is presented but saving the form is still possible.
- Migrate News on Communication » News to Timeline : We highly appreciate this suggestion and schedule the feature for 6.0. Using the new UI Filter would be great if possible.
- Navigational Slates «Favourites» and «Tags» : We highly appreciate this suggestion and schedule it for 6.0. At the time being we cannot say how the slates look like and behave. So it might be that there are still changes in the presentation of Favourites or Bookmarks once the slades are available. But for now, the heritage presentation of Bookmarks and Tags can be re-used. Nevertheless, renaming and replacing can be done anyway.
- Course and Group Information « Target Group » : We highly appreciate this suggestion and schedule it for 6.0. Please extend this feature to groups, too.
- Competence profiles can be assigned to Roles : We highly appreciate this suggestion and schedule it for 6.0. We would like to re-use the known pattern from adding members to a course or role like drawn by Matthias above (incl. search field). This screen is triggered by a button "Add Assignment" on Administration » Competence Management : Profiles. After listing the roles that match to the search term a multi-action "Assign" is displayed and used to finish the assignment of a competence to a role.
- Competence profiles can be assigned to OrgUnits : We highly appreciate this suggestion and schedule it for 6.0. Please re-use the pattern to select of roles and org-units that we suggested in Competence profiles can be assigned to Roles. In case a org unit is selected, all sub-nodes of this org unit are included as well. The screen to select positions show all existing positions of all sub-nodes. The list of assigned org units should show the title of the org unit as title and the included positions in Details to ease the management of assignments.
- Customisable Main Bar - Icon Upload : We highly appreciate this suggestion and schedule it for 6.0. We prefer option 2 for uploading the image. Please clarify in the Implementation part how the inverted version of the uploaded icon is created / how it could be influenced.
- Recommended Content : We highly appreciate this suggestion and schedule it for 6.0.
- Streamlining Blocks as Panels : We highly appreciate this suggestion and schedule the restructuration as described in chap. 2 for ILIAS 6.0. Details about the visual implementation will be discussed with the new UI elements that still need to be finalised and commited.
- [] :
- Feature request presented by
- Length of slot: '
Schmid, Fabian [fschmid] Proposal to make the field "Reproduction steps" in Mantis a mandatory field. Often we first have to ask for these steps in order to be able to find a mistake at all. We realize that there are also many bugs where this is not necessary, you could simply enter "none" or a comment.
JourFixe, ILIAS [jourfixe]: Postponed to next JF when Fabian is attending the meeting.
Maintainer / Developer
Schmid, Fabian [fschmid] Withdrawal of Benjamin Seglias: Benjamin has left studer + raimann ag. Tickets and responsibilities assigned to him will be distributed to other employees of studer + raimann ag.
Next Jour Fixe dates
- Monday, March 25, 13:00 - 18:00
- Monday, April 08, 13:00 - 18:00
- Wednesday, April 24, 13:00 - 18:00 (changed date due to Eastern)
- Tuesday, May 07, 13:00 - 18:00
- Monday, May 20, 13:00 - 18:00
Layout Revision 6.0 working group
Virtual Meeting every Friday, 11:00 - 12:00
- Weekly Meeting that deals with the project management of the General Layout and Menu Revision. Due to the complexity of the project, we coordinate the next steps and define responsibilities. If you want to stay in contact and get information about the project, feel free to join the Working Group and attend our VC.
 Bug reports counted only for core project, not for plugins
Laatste wijziging: 31. Aug 2021, 10:42, Kunkel, Matthias [mkunkel]