Information about planned and released features
Required and Supported Software ILIAS 7
1 Required Software Versions
The following software versions are required/supported for ILIAS Release 7.
- 7.3 - 7.4: https://github.com/ILIAS-eLearning/ILIAS/pull/2559/files
- The support of PHP 7.2.x should be dropped, reported bugs will not be fixed anymore by the PHP project, security issues will be fixed until fall 2020: https://php.net/supported-versions.php
- The Technical Board intends to re-evaluate the max. supported PHP version in ~August/September in regards to PHP 8. We'd predict a positive impact on the code quality, if ILIAS developers could rely on PHP >= 7.3 features.
- OS Support: http://phpversions.info/operating-systems/
- Links for Developers:
- PHP 7.3 and PHP 7.4 Backward Incompatible Changes:
- PHP 8.0 Outlook: https://github.com/php/php-src/pull/3770
- PHP 7.4 should be used for: https://test7.ilias.de/
- MySQL: https://github.com/ILIAS-eLearning/ILIAS/pull/2527/files
- MariaDB: 10.1 - 10.3
- MySQL: 5.7 / 8.0
- Postgres 9.x (experimental)
- Waiting for feedack
1.4 HTTP Server
- Supported: 1.12.x - 1.16.x
- Recommended: 1.16.x
- Supported (but not recommended) for special scenarios (e.g. Shibboleth): Apache >= 2.4.x
- Supported: OpenJDK 8, OpenJDK 11
- Recommended: OpenJDK 11
- Supported: 12 (LTS), maybe 14 and the next LTS version (has to be evaluated when released)
- Recommended: 12 (LTS)
1.7 PDF Generation
- PhantomJS will be removed from the ILIAS 7 code base, existing usages will be migrated to wkhtmltopdf
- Supported and Recommended: 0.12.5
1.8 Other Software
- unzip: 6.0+
- zip: 3.0+
- Imagemagick: TDA
- Supported/Recommended: 9.51
- MathJax (optional): Supported/Recommended: 2.7
- We'll support/recommend devices with a support of ES6 / CSS3 / HTML5
- Author of the Request: Jansen, Michael [mjansen] on behalf of the ILIAS e.V. and the Technical Board ( tb [at] lists [dot] ilias [dot] de)
Currently no indication that funding will be needed.
- If you are a maintainer and see a need for funding, please adress the Technical Board.
- If you are a user/decision maker and interested in a particular software or software version being supported, please contact the Technical Board as well.
JourFixe, ILIAS [jourfixe], 16 MAR 2020 : We highly appreciate this list of suggested software and accept it for ILIAS 7. Test system for ILIAS (test7) will be set up accordingly.
Laatste wijziging: 02. Mei 2022, 17:23, Neumann, Fred [fneumann]