Information about planned and released features
1 Timeline for ILIAS 9
- Feature freeze at May 31, 2022 (changed): deadline to suggest new features for this version
- Coding completed: all features implemented and test cases finished until October 28, 2022
- Release 9.0 beta1 and release-9 branch planned for October 30, 2022
- Beginn of testing phase scheduled for October 30, 2022
- End of testing phase planned for Februar 02, 2023
- First stable 9.0 release planned for March 15, 2023
- Full maintenance support for version 9: until December 31, 2024
- Security bug fixes only: until December 31, 2025
2 Important Information
The following large development projects are planned for ILIAS 9 (depending on resources and funding):
4 List of New and Extended Features
Below you can see which features have already been scheduled for ILIAS version 9 and how their status is. If you can offer funding for features shown in list G and H, please contact the ILIAS product manager.
A : The following features are implemented and become part of trunk in release 9:
B : The following features are implemented and approved by the customer. They will be committed to trunk soon.
C : The following features are implemented and waiting for approval by the customer:
D : The following features are currently in development:
E : The following features are already settled for release 9. Funding is available and an appropriate contract with a service provider has been concluded to implement the feature.
F : The following features are scheduled for release 8 and have a declared interest in funding by one or more customers. But they only will make it into the trunk if appropriate development resources are ensured, e.g. by contract with a service provider.
G : The following features are only partly funded and need additional financial support to be implemented as described:
H : The following features are scheduled for ILIAS 9 but still require funding! Without funding these features cannot be implemented for ILIAS 9 and have to be postponed to a later version. Any funding for one of these features is highly appreciated!
5 Changed Behaviour
This section lists changes of existing objects and components due to bug fixes made for ILIAS 9:
6 Abandoned Features
Jour Fixe has already accepted to abandon the following features. But code still need to be removed from ILIAS.
6.2 Removed Features
The following features are abandoned with ILIAS 9 and have been removed from the ILIAS source code:
Last edited: Today, 14:32, Kunkel, Matthias [mkunkel]