Information about planned and released features
1 Timeline for ILIAS 8
- Feature freeze at April 30, 2021 (deadline to suggest new features for this version)
- All features implemented and test cases completed until October 29, 2021
- Release 8.0 beta1 and release-8 branch planned for November 03, 2021
- Beginn of testing phase scheduled for November 04, 2021
- End of testing phase planned for January 31, 2022
- First stable 8.0 release planned for March 15, 2022
- Planned maintenance for version 8: until Summer 2024
2 Required Software
Required and Supported Software ILIAS 8 (not existing yet)
The following large development projects will be tackled with ILIAS 7 (partly):
4 List of New and Extended Features
Below you can see which features have already been scheduled for ILIAS version 8 and how their status is. If you can offer funding for features shown in list G and H, please contact the ILIAS product manager.
A : The following features are implemented and become part of trunk in release 8:
B : The following features are implemented and approved by the customer. They will be committed to trunk soon.
C : The following features are implemented and waiting for approval by the customer:
D : The following features are currently in development:
E : The following features are already settled for release 8. Funding is available and an appropriate contract with a service provider has been concluded to implement the feature.
F : The following features are scheduled for release 8 and have a declared interest in funding by one or more customers. But they only will make it into the trunk if appropriate development resources are ensured, e.g. by contract with a service provider.
- Activate/Deactivate notifications of deleted, censored and edited postings
- Add New Item Group in ILIAS Page Editor
- Create empty threads
- Metadata Section in Content Snippets
- Open Blog Submissions from «Submission and Grades»
- Open Wiki Submissions from «Submission and Grades»
- SCORM Editor: Adding Snippet Content
G : The following features are only partly funded and need additional financial support to be implemented as described:
H : The following features are scheduled for ILIAS 8 but still require funding! Without funding these features cannot be implemented for ILIAS 8 and have to be postponed to a later version. Any funding for one of these features is highly appreciated!
5 Changed Behaviour
This section lists changes of existing objects and components due to bug fixes made for ILIAS 8:
6 Abandoned Features
6.2 Removed Features
The following features are abandoned with ILIAS 8 and have been removed from the ILIAS source code:
Last edited: 09. Nov 2020, 12:29, Kunkel, Matthias [mkunkel]