Information about planned and released features
On this page you can see which features have already been scheduled and implemented for ILIAS version 7 (formerly called 6.1).
- List A shows all features that are implemented, approved by the customer and published in trunk.
- List B contains all implemented features that are already approved by the customer.
- List C contains all features that are already implemented and now waiting for approval by the customer.
- List D shows all features that are currently in development and will be implemented soon.
- In list E you find features that are already settled by contract. Implementation has not started yet.
- List F includes features that are already funded but are not yet settled by contract. They make their way into ILIAS 7 only if development resources are available.
- List G contains features which still need additional funding to be realised as desired. Every contribution is highly appreciated!
- List H is a wish list with features that are scheduled for version 7 by the Jour Fixe but require funding to be realised. Without financial support they won't be implemented for the next release.
- At the bottom you find a list of features with changed behaviour and a list of features that are planned to be abandoned with ILIAS 7.
- Additionally, there is a page Suggested for ILIAS 7 that lists suggested features for ILIAS 7 that have not been discussed yet.
Timeline for ILIAS 7:
- Feature freeze at April 30, 2020 (deadline to suggest new features for this version)
- All features implemented and test cases completed until October 30, 2020
- Release 7.0 beta1 and release-7 branch planned for November 03, 2020
- Beginn of testing phase scheduled for November 04, 2020
- End of testing phase planned for January 31, 2021
- First stable 7.0 release planned for March 11, 2021
- Planned maintenance for version 7: until Summer 2023
List of Features
A : The following features are implemented and become part of trunk in release 7:
B : The following features are implemented and approved by the customer. They will be committed to trunk soon.
C : The following features are implemented and waiting for approval by the customer:
D : The following features are currently in development:
E : The following features are already settled for release 7. Funding is available and an appropriate contract with a service provider has been concluded to implement the feature.
F : The following features are scheduled for release 7 and have a declared interest in funding by one or more customers. But they only will make it into the trunk if appropriate development resources are ensured, e.g. by contract with a service provider.
G : The following features are only partly funded and need additional financial support to be implemented as described:
H : The following features are scheduled for ILIAS 7 but still require funding! Without funding these features cannot be implemented for ILIAS 7 and have to be postponed to a later version. Any funding for one of these features is highly appreciated!
This section lists changes of existing objects and components due to bug fixes made for ILIAS 7:
The following features are abandoned with ILIAS 7 and have been removed from the ILIAS source code:
Last edited: 30. Jul 2019, 23:53, Kunkel, Matthias [mkunkel]