Information about planned and released features
On this page you can see which features have already been scheduled and implemented for ILIAS version 7 (formerly called 6.1).
- List A shows all features that are implemented, approved by the customer and published in trunk.
- List B contains all implemented features that are already approved by the customer.
- List C contains all features that are already implemented and now waiting for approval by the customer.
- List D shows all features that are currently in development and will be implemented soon.
- In list E you find features that are already settled by contract. Implementation has not started yet.
- List F includes features that are already funded but are not yet settled by contract. They make their way into ILIAS 7 only if development resources are available.
- List G contains features which still need additional funding to be realised as desired. Every contribution is highly appreciated!
- List H is a wish list with features that are scheduled for version 7 by the Jour Fixe but require funding to be realised. Without financial support they won't be implemented for the next release.
- At the bottom you find a list of features with changed behaviour and a list of features that are planned to be abandoned with ILIAS 7.
- Additionally, there is a page Suggested for ILIAS 7 that lists suggested features for ILIAS 7 that have not been discussed yet.
Timeline for ILIAS 7:
- Feature freeze at April 30, 2020 (deadline to suggest new features for this version)
- All features implemented and test cases completed until October 30, 2020
- Release 7.0 beta1 and release-7 branch planned for November 03, 2020
- Beginn of testing phase scheduled for November 04, 2020
- End of testing phase planned for January 31, 2021
- First stable 7.0 release planned for March 11, 2021
- Planned maintenance for version 7: until Summer 2023
List of Features
A : The following features are implemented and become part of trunk in release 7:
B : The following features are implemented and approved by the customer. They will be committed to trunk soon.
C : The following features are implemented and waiting for approval by the customer:
D : The following features are currently in development:
E : The following features are already settled for release 7. Funding is available and an appropriate contract with a service provider has been concluded to implement the feature.
F : The following features are scheduled for release 7 and have a declared interest in funding by one or more customers. But they only will make it into the trunk if appropriate development resources are ensured, e.g. by contract with a service provider.
- Adaptation of the filter to the current Kitchen Sink Element
- Add New Item Group in ILIAS Page Editor
- Add to homescreen prompt
- Allow to create introductory text in Item Group
- Assign Competence Profiles to Courses and Groups
- Blog Improvements: Authors, Inputfield, Cleanup
- Competences and competence profiles get tab «Assigned Objects»
- Completion Status for Competence Profiles
- Custom (User Defined) Booking Data
- Display Repository Root and Categories in Usage Intensity
- Editable page area for competence profiles
- Hide profile selection if only one profile has been assigned
- Implement Kiosk-Mode for Test
- Improvement of the presentation of competence profiles
- Introduction of a show more-function for competence entries
- Local Competence Profiles for Courses and Groups
- Make « Add to Favourites » an AJAX Call
- Manual Sorting for Competences in Competence Profiles
- Multiple Views for a Data Collection Form
- Open Blog Submissions from «Submission and Grades»
- Open Wiki Submissions from «Submission and Grades»
- Profile target level is determined by last competence entry
- Separation of Self-Evaluation and other Types of Formation
- Show Existing Item Groups in ILIAS Page Editor
- Storing Specific Values for Competence Levels
- Sumscores per Participant
- Target Ranges for Competence Profiles
- Tile View: Adjustable number of tiles in a row
- Transfer of competences into a reporting panel
G : The following features are only partly funded and need additional financial support to be implemented as described:
H : The following features are scheduled for ILIAS 7 but still require funding! Without funding these features cannot be implemented for ILIAS 7 and have to be postponed to a later version. Any funding for one of these features is highly appreciated!
- Assigning an object to a survey
- Copyright, Artist and License for Media in Page Editor
- Filters can be fixed and applied with default values
- Improve Manage-Tab in Mediacasts
- Improve Usability of Export of and Access to Personal Data
- Introduction of a video library-, image gallery- and podcast-type for mediacasts
- Make Star Rating Accessible
- Multiple Actions for Ownerless Objects
- Required and Supported Software ILIAS 7
- Survey Type: Appraisal Talk
- Tab Overview of integrated Objects
- Usage Intensity of Help
This section lists changes of existing objects and components due to bug fixes made for ILIAS 7:
The following features are abandoned with ILIAS 7 and have been removed from the ILIAS source code:
Last edited: 13. Mar 2020, 11:05, Jansen, Michael [mjansen]