Information about planned and released features
Panoramica della pagina[Nascondi]
1 Purpose and Policy
The ILIAS feature wiki is a documentation of the current ILIAS software development activities and a means to support the cooperative and open development process. It should clarify what is developed by whom, when and why. And it gives you an overview of what has been developed in former versions of ILIAS and what development activities are planned for the future.
With a regular user account for this ILIAS installation you are able to add comments to existing feature pages as well as adding new feature requests (see information for 'Suggesting a new feature' in the right column).
2 Jour Fixe Agenda
List to suggest new features for ILIAS 9 has been re-opened due to the changed timeline for ILIAS 9. All new feature requests for ILIAS 9 have to be placed here: Suggested for ILIAS 9. This list is open for suggestions until 30 APRIL 2023.
If you want the Jour Fixe to discuss a bug report, please change the status of the report in Mantis to 'Needs Jour Fixe Decision'. All bug reports with this status will be treated in the next meeting » more
Due to the changed Jour Fixe process you can no longer set topics on the agenda by yourself. Please fill out the form "Suggestions for Jour Fixe Agenda" to apply for a slot in the agenda. Submission deadline is always one week before the next Jour Fixe.
For all other topics for the Jour Fixe agenda, please send a mail to the product manager. More about former development decisions in the recent jour fixe agendas and minutes.
28 November 2022
19 December 2022
09 January 2023
23 January 2023
3 Suggesting a New Feature
- Create a wiki page for the feature you want to suggest! Please follow the instructions on the page 'How to suggest a new feature and have a look in our new "ILIAS Community FAQ" (currently work in progress).
- Let us know about your suggestion by adding the feature's title to the list 'Suggested for ILIAS 9'. You can also apply for a workshop to clarify the concept and to prepare a promising feature request.
- If the feature request is complete according to our requirements for features requests, you can ask the Jour Fixe for a scheduled discussion of your suggestion. To do this, please fill out the form "Suggestions for Jour Fixe Agenda". Submission deadline is always one week before the next Jour Fixe.
4 ILIAS Versions
Have a look at the following release pages to see which features come or came with which version.
Upcoming ILIAS versions:
Upcoming ILIAS versions:
Currently maintained versions:
No longer maintained versions:
5 Categories of Features and Issues
The following projects für bigger development activities in ILIAS are in progress (ongoing) or have already been completed.
- Booking Tool Revision
- Continuous Refactoring Initiative
- E-Exams with ILIAS
- Export Revision
- Help Projects
- ILIAS Refinement
- Improvement of Portfolios and Competence Management ILIAS 9
- LTI Support in ILIAS
- New ILIAS Page Editor
- PHP 8 for ILIAS 8
- Project: ILIAS Resource Storage Service (IRSS)
- Search Revision
- Splitting Up Tools
- Splitting-up T&A Into New Components
- Transfering Container Objects to Standard Listing Panel
5.2 Modules and Features
Have a look at the module pages to see which suggestions have already been made. All feature requests should be assigned to the modules and services they are belonging to.
1 - General Issues
2 - Accessibility, Usability and User Interface
3 -ILIAS core
4 - General Services
- Background Tasks
- Competence Management
- ECS Interface – E-Learning Community Server
- Global Screen Service
- Global Cache
- ILIAS Page Editor
- Info Page
- Learning History
- Main Menu
- Notes and Comments
- Online Help
- Organisational Units
- Personal and Shared Resources
- Personal Profile
- Precondition Handling
- Statistics and Learning Progress
- Task Service
- Taxonomy Service
- User Service (incl. Terms of Service)
- Who is online?
- Workflow Engine
5 - Course Management and Group Management
6 - Communication and Syndication
7 - Learning and Content Management
8 - Evaluation, Feedback and Testing
9 - Administration
Ultima modifica: 23. Nov 2022, 10:25, Kunkel, Matthias [mkunkel]