Information about planned and released features
On this page you can see which features have already been scheduled and implemented for ILIAS version 6.0.
- List A shows all features that are implemented, approved by the customer and published in trunk.
- List B contains all implemented features that are already approved by the customer.
- List C contains all features that are already implemented and now waiting for approval by the customer.
- List D shows all features that are currently in development and will be implemented soon.
- In list E you find features that are already settled by contract. Implementation has not started yet.
- List F includes features that are already funded but are not yet settled by contract. They make their way into 6.0 only if development resources are available.
- List G contains features which still need additional funding to be realised as desired. Every contribution is highly appreciated!
- List H is a wish list with features that are scheduled for version 6.0 by the Jour Fixe but require funding to be realised. Without financial support they won't be implemented for the next release.
- At the bottom you find a list of features with changed behaviour and a list of features that are planned to be abandoned with ILIAS 6.0.
- Additionally, there is a page Suggested for 6.0 that lists suggested features for 6.0 that have not been discussed yet. This page will be removed after publishing 6.0.0 beta1.
Timeline for 6.0:
- Feature freeze at April 30, 2019 (deadline to suggest new features for this version)
- All features implemented and test cases completed until October 29, 2019
- Release 6.0.0 beta1 and release-6_0 branch planned for October 31, 2019
- Beginn of testing phase scheduled for November 04, 2019
- End of testing phase planned for January 31, 2020
- First stable 6.0.0 release planned for March 13, 2020
- Planned maintenance for version 6.0: until Summer 2022
List of Features
A : The following features are implemented and become part of trunk in release 6.0:
B : The following features are implemented and approved by the customer. They will be committed to trunk soon.
C : The following features are implemented and waiting for approval by the customer:
D : The following features are currently in development:
E : The following features are already settled for release 6.0. Funding is available and an appropriate contract with a service provider has been concluded to implement the feature.
F : The following features are scheduled for release 6.0 and have a declared interest in funding by one or more customers. But they only will make it into the trunk if appropriate development resources are ensured, e.g. by contract with a service provider.
- Assessment Question Service
- Definition of DATETIME Data for the Event Period of Courses/Groups
- Exercise: Comparing Submissions of Type Text
- Item Statistic in Pool
- Lifecycle Metadata for Test Questions
- Manage Screen for My Workspace
- More metadata for test questions
- Notification about New Comments
- Overview Personal Desktop Revision
- Page Layout Revision (Desktop)
- Question Versioning in Test Object
- Set Personal Desktop to Deck of Card Listing
- Sound notifications for On-Screen-chat
- Survey: Info-tab is scrubbed clean, can be switched off, and tab Survey
- Test: Info-tab is scrubbed clean, can be switched off, and tab Test
- Usability Improvement of Trash
- Versioning in Pool
- Versioning of Submissions and Gradings for Type Text
- Welcome-Mail for New Members in Groups
- Word Counter for Essay Questions
- Workflow for Personal Profile
- Workspace → Personal and Shared Ressources
G : The following features are only partly funded and need additional financial support to be implemented as described:
H : The following features are scheduled for 6.0 but still require funding! Without funding these features cannot be implemented for 6.0 and have to be postponed to a later version. Any funding for one of these features is highly appreciated!
- Default Configuration of Main Bar Items (6.0)
- Improve Sorting on Personal Desktop
- Multi language support for Advanced Metadata
- Open Blog Submissions from «Submission and Grades»
- Open Portfolio Submissions from «Submission and Grades»
- Open Wiki Submissions from «Submission and Grades»
- Overview Metabar Content
- Unique IDs for Test Questions
- User: Forced password change after login when applying password policy changes
- User: Password History - Prevent early reuse of passwords
- Withdrawl of Consent provokes deleting User Account
- Workspace: Sorting
This section lists changes of existing objects and components due to bug fixes made for 6.0:
The following features are abandoned with 6.0 and have been removed from the ILIAS source code:
Last edited: 09. Sep 2018, 13:01, Kunkel, Matthias [mkunkel]