Information about planned and released features
On this page you can see which features have already been scheduled and implemented for ILIAS version 6.0.
- List A shows all features that are implemented, approved by the customer and published in trunk.
- List B contains all implemented features that are already approved by the customer.
- List C contains all features that are already implemented and now waiting for approval by the customer.
- List D shows all features that are currently in development and will be implemented soon.
- In list E you find features that are already settled by contract. Implementation has not started yet.
- List F includes features that are already funded but are not yet settled by contract. They make their way into 6.0 only if development resources are available.
- List G contains features which still need additional funding to be realised as desired. Every contribution is highly appreciated!
- List H is a wish list with features that are scheduled for version 6.0 by the Jour Fixe but require funding to be realised. Without financial support they won't be implemented for the next release.
- At the bottom you find a list of features with changed behaviour and a list of features that are planned to be abandoned with ILIAS 6.0.
- Additionally, there is a page Suggested for 6.0 that lists suggested features for 6.0 that have not been discussed yet. This page will be removed after publishing 6.0.0 beta1.
Timeline for 6.0:
- Feature freeze at April 30, 2019 (deadline to suggest new features for this version)
- All features implemented and test cases completed until October 29, 2019
- Release 6.0.0 beta1 and release-6_0 branch planned for October 31, 2019
- Beginn of testing phase scheduled for November 04, 2019
- End of testing phase planned for January 31, 2020
- First stable 6.0.0 release planned for March 13, 2020
- Planned maintenance for version 6.0: until Summer 2022
List of Features
A : The following features are implemented and become part of trunk in release 6.0:
B : The following features are implemented and approved by the customer. They will be committed to trunk soon.
C : The following features are implemented and waiting for approval by the customer:
D : The following features are currently in development:
E : The following features are already settled for release 6.0. Funding is available and an appropriate contract with a service provider has been concluded to implement the feature.
- Abandon Levels of Details and Movability of Side Blocks on PD
- Abandon Portfolio Block on Personal Desktop
- Abandon RSS Feed Block on Personal Desktop
- Location Multi-Part Advanced Metadata
- Navigational Slates «Favourites», «Bookmarks» and «Tags»
- Not-Appointed Task «Blog Post Draft»
- Open Portfolio Submissions from «Submission and Grades»
- Streamlining Checklists
- Study Programme: Add link to course that was passed
- Study Programme: Certificate
- Study Programme: Link-Object
- Study Programme: Multilingualism
- Study Programme: Processing time
- Study programme: Validity of qualification
- Usability Improvement of Trash
- User Search: Add Search for Organisational Unit as search option
- Welcome-Mail for New Members in Groups
- Workflow for Personal Profile
F : The following features are scheduled for release 6.0 and have a declared interest in funding by one or more customers. But they only will make it into the trunk if appropriate development resources are ensured, e.g. by contract with a service provider.
- Chat Improvements: PLR, input field and message collection
- Competence profiles can be assigned to Roles
- Copyright filter for media objects
- Course Information «Target Group»
- Definition of DATETIME Data for the Event Period of Courses/Groups
- Item Statistic in Pool
- Manage Screen for My Workspace
- Membership History
- Migrate News on Personal Desktop to Timeline
- More metadata for test questions
- Not-Appointed Task «Forum Post Draft»
- Overview Personal Desktop Revision
- Page Layout Revision (Desktop)
- Placeholder for «Mail to Course Member»
- Question Versioning in Test Object
- Scaffolded Exercise
- Session Registration Notifications
- Set Badges to Deck of Cards
- Set Personal Desktop to Deck of Card Listing
- Show block only if defined permission is not given
- Streamlining Blocks as Panels
- Survey: Info-tab is scrubbed clean, can be switched off, and tab Survey
- Templates for Column Layout
- Test: Info-tab is scrubbed clean, can be switched off, and tab Test
- Unique IDs for Test Questions
- User: Forced password change after login when applying password policy changes
- Versioning in Pool
- Versioning of Submissions and Gradings for Type Text
- Workspace → Personal and Shared Ressources
G : The following features are only partly funded and need additional financial support to be implemented as described:
H : The following features are scheduled for 6.0 but still require funding! Without funding these features cannot be implemented for 6.0 and have to be postponed to a later version. Any funding for one of these features is highly appreciated!
- Competence profiles can be assigned to OrgUnits
- Customisable Main Bar - Icon Upload
- Default Configuration of Main Bar Items (6.0)
- Display starting time
- Improve Sorting on Personal Desktop
- Multi language support for Advanced Metadata
- Notification Center
- Open Blog Submissions from «Submission and Grades»
- Open Wiki Submissions from «Submission and Grades»
- Overview Metabar Content
- Reading Time for Learning Modules and Blogposts
- Recommended Content
- User: Password History - Prevent early reuse of passwords
- Withdrawl of Consent provokes deleting User Account
- Workspace: Sorting
This section lists changes of existing objects and components due to bug fixes made for 6.0:
The following features are abandoned with 6.0 and have been removed from the ILIAS source code:
Last edited: 13. Apr 2019, 11:36, Killing, Alexander [alex]